Saturday 13 August 2011

11 August 2011

After a long day at work an then watching Liverpool throw it away against Sunderland I decided to try an cheer myself up with a quick stroll around Westport, I don't normally go down much in a afternoon and especially on a weekend when large numbers of people descend on the park with kids, kites, bikes, barbeque's and whatever else takes there fancy, so as  you can imagine it's not an ideal time to visit, and today was no exception I'm afraid.

The weather was pleasantly warm with a temp of 22c, very sunny with plenty of cloud coverage around but never came around the park, wind was a steady NW, visit from 17.35 til 18.45.

I really didn't see very much at all showing how the mornings really are the best time too visit, the exception to this can be winter and when it rains, anyway, a good count of 77 Tufted Duck on the main lake along with 3 Great Crested Grebe, 7 Lesser Black-backed Gulls, 3 of which were juveniles and the usual 4 Mute Swans, 2 Pied Wagtails were on the grass bank, only 3 Chiffchaffs were heard/seen, 2 by the top pool and 1 on the gas works, a single Swift was over the gas works and another 3 over the main lake, also on the gas works a couple of Peacock Butterflies, a Buzzard could be heard calling high up but I couldn't locate it, also on the sewage works what I presume was a Brown Hawker Dragonfly but I don't know very much about Dragonflies and the likes, lastly 4 Mistle Thrushes were again by the visitor centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be added once approved by Admin