Sunday 18 March 2012

18 March 2012

Got totally drenched walking around Westport this morning, I hardly lifted my bins up til the end, it rained from when I left the house til I got home and it was none stop heavy rain, it felt rather cold as well although I didn't check the temp, but the wind was a NNW breeze.

Thanks to Nick for the counts as I just couldn't lift the bins in the rain as the water soaked through my coat and into my jumper!

A single Pochard was present with 35 Tufted Duck, 20 Mute Swans, four Goldeneye and two Chiffchaffs.

As I left Nick and made my way home along the canal side of the main lake I noticed a Cormorant flying in low, it seemed to land on the boating lake and I thought I'd check it out in case it was a Shag, to my surprise it was sat on one of the post at the end of the jetty and had quite a white head and wondered if it was possibly a 'Continental', I hadn't brought my camera with me due to the heavy rain and had too settle with this poor shot taken with my mobile phone and then blown up, sadly you can't make out the white head, only the shape of the bird.

And thanks to Phil Jones for his photoshop mockup of our Woodcock on the old sewage works yesterday morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be added once approved by Admin