Tuesday 3 May 2011

03 May 2011

A quick overview of what was seen today, I normally do the blog as soon as I get home but fell asleep, later in the afternoon I rushed off to see the Dotterel at Whitmore Hayes, by the time we got back and had my tea its after 10pm and I need to be in bed in order to make Westport for 6am tomorrow!

So, highlights today were, a single Great Spotted Woodpecker near the boating lake, 3 Little Ringed Plovers with one of them again on the playing field, 8 Tufted Duck, just 3 Great Crested Grebes, 2 Buzzards flying over the distant hills, 16 Starlings feeding on the playing field, good numbers of Swallows and Sand Martins went through with 11 Swifts and a few Sand Martins, a single Reed Warbler on the top pool, a Jay from the gas works and a single Stock Dove, 2 Willow Warblers, 5 Whitethroats and a Grasshopper Warbler all on the sewage works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be added once approved by Admin