Sunday 28 March 2010

28 March 2010

With the change in the clocks I was down at Westport for 06.30 this morning, the weather was rather cool with a slight breeze the sun did manage to break through the cloud and towards the end of my visit a light shower went through. As I made my way across the car park to do the duck count on the main lake, I noticed the Grey Heron on the model boating lake again as I lifted my bins too have a look the first thing I noticed was 2 Oystercatchers stood on the path, a Westport tick for me, I continued down to the main lake to count the ducks etc, Great Crested Grebes - 7, Shoveler still 1 male, Teal still 1 pair, Tufted Ducks 24, no sign of any Pochard but the pair of Goldeneye are back, Mute Swans - 10. As I walked along the bank with Nick Smith 2 Little Ringed Plovers flew in and landed on the grass in front of the main lake followed by 2 Sand Martins flying through.
The wood/pools area remains quiet but 2/3 Willow Warblers were singing as well as the usual 4/5 Chiffchaffs.
At the top end of the main lake 3 Siskins flew over towards the top pool area.

Total species seen 41.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be added once approved by Admin