Tuesday 12 October 2010

12 October 2010

I wasn't able to get down to Westport today, well apart from at 05.00 when I was walking the dog in the dark before work, I did hear Redwings going over again as I was walking along the canal next to Westport.

Dave Kelsall had a good moning at Westport, I think he was mainly doing a vis migration watch and not sure were he saw the 4 Goldcrest, but I guess the rest of his sightings were flyovers and on the main lake, they were as follows, a single Grey Plover over at 08.25 which is a Westport year tick, a Rock Pipit also flew over, this is the second record of the year both in the last month and both found by Dave, on the main lake, 2 Teal and 2 Common Gulls, back to the flyovers and 82 Jackdaw is a massive total, 1 Skylark, 18 Meadow Pipits, 15 Redwing and finally 6 Cormorants.

Dave, you don't half know when too be in the right place at the right time mate, cracking morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be added once approved by Admin