Thursday 21 October 2010

21 October 2010

After a visit to the doctors today and getting loaded up with a carrier bag of pills, I decided to nip down Westport and take the dog for a quick walk, although the doctors told me too stay off my feet as much as possible, it's a bit difficult when you have a dog too walk and a job which means your on your feet 9 hours a day.

Anyway enough of the boring stuff and back to the boring stuff at Westport, on the boating lake, a single Great Crested Grebe, Pochard and Mute Swan, also one of the colour ringed Coots which was pink over dark blue, on the main lake I managed to count another 8 Great Crested Grebes, 3 'Mick Balls' , another 3 Mute Swans and I was up to 67 in the Tufted Ducks when a work colleague collared me and decided to walk around the lake with me, playing with the dog and talking about stuff, like you do, so I've had to estimate the Tufted Ducks at 80+, I also had another ringed Coot on the main lake but couldn't see it's colours.

No other news received from Westport today, so very quiet I guess.

23.00 Just taken the dog for a quick walk along the canal and along the playing field at Westport, several Redwings were heard going over as usual these day's. Why do you never hear Fieldfare's going over at night? Also no Tawny Owls heard again so maybe they have moved on now after at least 2 months in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be added once approved by Admin