Saturday 17 April 2010

17 April 2010

06.10, still dry and bright, cool with a heavy dew and very misty over the water which cleared up as the sun rose.
Mistle Thrush along the side of the canal must be nesting close by, its constantly chasing everything away from a certain tree, very quiet as I made my way in, the model boating lake only had 2x Great Crested Grebe, on the grass bank 2x Little Ringed Plover and another two where on the grass verge, also on the grass verge a nervous Lapwing was running around until disturbed and flying off south.
On the main lake 19x Mute Swans, 5x Great Crested Grebe, 25x Tufted Duck, 1x Shoveler and 1x Grey Heron.
As I made my way in to the wood/pools area the first of 3x Chiffchaff and 6x Blackcap where singing by the first gate, and a female Great Spotted Woodpecker was by the sidings, a Moorhen is sitting five eggs.
On the old gas works 1x Swallow, 5x Stock Dove, Blackcap, Chiffchaff and a male Reed Bunting, along the canal side of the main lake and another 3x Swallows flying around and the first of x2 Willow Warblers, I made my way over to the grass mound and back wood where I had another Willow Warbler and two more Blackcaps. 08.20 and time for home.

Total species seen 39.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be added once approved by Admin