Tuesday 6 April 2010

6 April 2010

Just made a quick visit this afternoon from 17.50 - 19.00, Phil Jones had a Kittiwake at 16.40, the third record of the year at Westport, and I still haven't seen any this year, so I was hoping to catch up with this one.
I did a quick check of the model boating lake, the pair of Great Crested Grebe still at the nest and 10 Mute Swans, at the main lake, not a Gull in site, counted another five Great Crested Grebe and 26 Tufted Duck, the lowest count of the month so far. At the top end of the lake 17+ Swallows where flying around catching the many insects that seems to be about on this quite warm afternoon. A adult Lesser Black-backed Gull flew in but sadly no Kittiwake, and the Grey Heron flew in to start it's late afternoon feed.
I did a quick check of the pool/wood area, 4 Chiffchaff and 3 Willow Warblers where singing, by the top pool a pair of Bullfinch, Willow Tit and a female Blackcap to go with the male I had seen the previous day.
As I made my way back along the main lake 8+ Sand Martins flew through, I tried hard to find a House Martin among them but no luck.

Total species seen 31.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be added once approved by Admin